It’s almost been a hundred years since the discovery of antibiotics, and we still share a love-hate relationship with the drug. In the 21st century, though we cannot do without antibiotics we’re scared of itfrom time to time. Since we have a wide range of infections caused by bacteria, antibiotics prove to be the only solution; infections which otherwise could prove lethal. These antibiotics, however, pose a potential threat to friendly bacteria in our bodies as well, meaning certain side effects of varying intensity. Side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache, loss of appetite and diarrhoea often come with the usage of antibiotics. Now the choice remains entirely up to the user, although, a minor side effect such as diarrhoea or vomiting for a short period of time would be welcomed by most over an extensive lethal bacterial infection. Hence, when buying antibiotics without a prescription the most critical point to note is that antibiotics are desirable but only when absolutely necessary.
The most common antibiotics: effects and side-effects
When we speak of effects of the antibiotics, they are very particular and generally servea similar function in most individuals. For the side-effects, however, they widely vary from individual to individual.Since, every individual, in terms of their anatomy and biology, is uniquely different from the other, it is only natural that different individuals will have different side-effects on using the exact same drug.
Amoxicillin effects:Amoxicillin is probably the most commonly used antibiotic and is a drug of the penicillin group. Amoxicillin is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, gonorrhea, ENT infections, skin diseases, tonsillitis, bronchitis and bacterial urinary tract infections.
- Amoxicillin side-effects: Some common side effects of Amoxicillin may(or may not) include, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, vaginal itching, headache or swollen tongue.
Doxycycline effects: Doxycycline is an antibiotic of the tetracycline group, used for treating bacterial infections such as gonorrhea, early/latent/tertiary syphilis, chlamydia, periodontitis, acne, eye infections, intestinal infections and urinary tract infections.
- Doxycycline side-effects: The common side-effects of Doxycycline are considered to be, nausea, upset stomach, mild diarrhea, skin rashand vaginal discharge and itching.
Azithromycin effects: Azyhromycin is popularly used to treat conditions such as respiratory infections, skin infections, ear infections, chlamydia and uncomplicated gonorrhea.
- Azithromycin side-effects: On using Azithromycin one could expect to face minor side-effects such as diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain and headache.
Cephalexin effects: Cephalexin typical treats bacterial infections of respiratory tract, ear, skin and urinary tract.
- Cephalexin side effects: The usual side effects that come alongwith cephalexin usage are, diarrhea, tiredness, dizziness, vaginal itching, joint pain and headache.
Ciprofloxacin effects: Ciprofloxacin is yet another common antibiotic, widely used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. However, the impact of ciprofloxacin are considered too potent and is only used when other milder variety of antibiotics fail to suffice a treatment. Ciprofloxacin is a very good drug in treating infections from anthrax exposure. This drug can also be administered in treating plague and gonorrhea.
- Ciprofloxacin side-effects: Ciprofloxacin also exhibits all the common antibiotic side-effects with the addition of abnormal liver functioning.
Metronidazole effects: Metronidazole has a very potent treatment effect on infections of the stomach, liver, joints, brain, respiratory tract and vagina. Certain STDs like trichomoniasis is alsotreated with this antibiotic.
- Metronidazole side-effects: Apart from the usual antibiotic side-effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach pain an individual might also face, constipation, mouth sores, metallic taste in mouth and a red tongue.
To conclude, the effects and side-effect of antibiotics are a very comprehensive subject and can vary depending on numerous external and internal factors. However before ordering antibiotics online, if you are an individual with allergies, asthma, liver/kidney disorder, nervous disorder, diabetes, head injury or tumor, cardiovascular disorder, epilepsy, intestinal dysfunction or any other long-term chronic syndrome then it is best advised to administer antibiotics only after consulting a licensed physician.